Head Coach Job Posting
Head Coach Position
General Statement of Job
The Head Football Coach plans and directs recruitment, training, and performance of players for the Football team by performing the following duties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs management of all aspects of the Football sports program to include coaching, scheduling, organizing and conducting practice, arranging for team travel, budget management, providing academic oversight, and public relations development.
- Identifies and recruits athletes.
- Directs conditioning of players to achieve maximum athletic performance.
- Operates within the guidelines of the Kamloops Broncos, the BCFC, and CJFL rules and regulations.
- Communicates with members of the media.
- Demonstrate fiscal accountability through budget management and fundraising.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships within the community both on and off-campus.
- Promote the academic and athletic well-being of the athletes.
- Conduct summer camps and clinics.
- Assist in the solicitation of major gifts to the program.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Assist in fostering the growth of football in Kamloops by working with Kamloops Community Football and all three High School programs.
Education, Experience, and Licenses
- Demonstrated a minimum of 7 years of successful coaching experience with CJFL or U Sports teams preferred.
- Previous Head Coaching Experience at any level is preferred.
- Proven ability to lead and manage people.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and success in teaching the skills and fundamentals of the sport.
- Knowledge of and commitment to CJFL rules and regulations.
- The ability to organize and motivate the athletes to maximum performance level in sports and academic achievement.
- Proven experience in recruiting highly motivated and qualified athletes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
TO APPLY: Please Contact Interim President Darren Watt ot GM Joe Liberatore
This Job posting will close when filled.