We are hiring
HEAD EQUIPMENT MANAGER
The Kamloops Broncos are seeking a Head Equipment Manager to oversee all club athletic equipment during our season from July to October, in addition to spring camp (middle of May).
The Kamloops Broncos are members of the British Columbia Football Conference in the Canadian Junior Football League. Based at our home stadium - Hillside Stadium - in Kamloops, we operate year round with our active playing season from the end of July to October.
We practice 5 times a week plus 1 game on the weekend. The equipment manager should attend as many games and practices as possible.
Reporting directly to the General Manager (who in turn reports to the volunteer Board of Directors), you will be responsible for all aspects of the team's athletic equipment. With approximately 80 players on our active roster, the Head Equipment Manager is a vital component of our team.
- Manage inventory and assist in creating equipment budgets; ensure adherence to approved budget amounts
- Order, maintain, collect, and issue equipment
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment room/laundry at all times and oversee all operations in the equipment room for a safe and sanitary environment
- Fit athletes with protective gear to manufacturer and government standards
- Ensure equipment support by attending all practices (or designating an approved assistant) throughout the season including special camps
- Attend all games, both home and on the road, and ensure that all equipment not brought to the games by players is brought, set up, collected, and returned to the Wildcats clubhouse after the game
- Liaise with, develop, and maintain positive working relationships with equipment vendors
- Interact with players, coaches, support staff, and the board of directors on a regular basis
- Ensure proper appearance of all athletes with regards to on field equipment
- Minimal experience required, we will train you.
The ideal Head Equipment Manager is passionate about both football and the athletes who endeavour to play the game at our level. The successful candidate will receive an honorarium for their efforts, however, as a non-profit society, we rely heavily on the commitment of our core group of volunteers, of which the Head Equipment Manager is key.
To explore this exciting opportunity please forward your resume and a cover letter to General Manager, Jan Antons at email@example.com or fill out the online application below. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
"The Canadian Junior Football League provides the opportunity for young men aged 17 to 22 to participate in highly competitive post-high school football that is unique in Canada. The goal of the league is to foster community involvement and yield a positive environment by teaching discipline, perseverance and cooperation. The benefits of the league are strong camaraderie, national competition and life-long friends."
[gravityform id=15 name=EquipmentManager ajax=true]